Liebieghaus Museum of Sculpture

The Liebieghaus is a former private villa and garden, also on the Museumsufer, that once belonged to the textile magnate Baron Heinrich von Liebieg. Since 1907 it has been the home of a remarkable collection of European sculpture – one of the best of its kind – beginning with the ancient Mesopotamians and leading up to the Neoclassical era of the early 19th century.

Among the many astonishing works here are pieces by the great German sculptors of the 15th and 16th centuries, such as Tilman Riemenschneider and Nicolaus Gerhaerts – work that combines remarkable realism with profound emotional intensity.

There are no comments yet - add yours below

This helps to discourage spam